Mommy Makeover in Boca Raton, FL
Nothing beats the joy of a new baby. You can’t smell their heads enough!
As the months turn into years, however, many women struggle with the look of their new, post-baby body. Our mommy makeover was designed to restore confidence and appearance after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. In Boca Raton, FL, Farber Plastic Surgery is redefining the term “mom bod,” and we think you’re going to like what you see.
How Pregnancy Changes the Body
During pregnancy, your body created a new life. Nine months is a short time to transform a tiny embryo into a beautiful baby, ready for life outside of its mother’s body. The rapid changes of pregnancy combined with hormone fluctuations cause of many of the unappreciated changes to the post-partum body.
The abdominal area bears the brunt of many pregnancy-related changes. Baby’s growth stretches the skin. The rapid expansion of the abdomen means stretch marks for most women and the extreme stretching can permanently alter the skin, so it never fully contacts. Even if you drop your pregnancy weight, you’ll likely have permanent stretch marks and loose skin, lasting souvenirs from your pregnancy experience.
Breast changes are also common. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breasts expand, sometimes dramatically. After milk production ceases, the stretched-out skin translates to a change in breast shape. Post-pregnancy breasts are generally flatter at the top, with more downward projection while pre-pregnancy breasts are round and full. Many women also experience nipple and areola changes. The areola may darken and expand. The nipple will also change shape.
Breast and belly changes are some of the most dramatic shifts, but they certainly aren’t the only ones. Women also experience fat gain and changes to their intimate areas after pregnancy and childbirth. Physical changes often bring emotional changes, as women feel less confident and comfortable with their post-baby body appearance.
Most of these pregnancy-related body changes are permanent, unless you receive surgical intervention from an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Scott Farber.
Our Recommended Treatments for Moms
Personalization is a hallmark of treatment at Farber Plastic Surgery. We see the uniqueness in each patient and customize every procedure to meet your one-of-a-kind needs. Your mommy makeover will be custom designed for your areas of concern after a detailed consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Farber. Pregnancy changes every woman, but not always in the same ways. You need a treatment designed for you and the unique changes your body experienced.
We can include any of the procedures we offer in your post-pregnancy body restoration plan. The following treatments are top picks for mommy makeovers in Boca Raton:
- Tummy Tuck– Getting your flat tummy back after pregnancy is nearly impossible without a tummy tuck. This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area. It also tightens and repairs the abdominal muscles, including diastasis recti, a common post-pregnancy muscle separation.
- Breast Lift– Restore a rounded and lifted breast appearance with breast lift surgery. This procedure addresses droopy and saggy breasts through tissue reshaping and loose skin removal. A breast lift is often paired with breast augmentation or areola resizing.
- Breast Augmentation– After pregnancy, many women find that their breasts appear shrunken and deflated. Breast augmentation restores or increases breast volume using implants. We also offer breast augmentation with fat grafting, a procedure that uses a patient’s own fat to add breast volume. Fat grafting for the breasts can be paired with implants or performed alone. Patients frustrated with sagging most often opt for a breast augmentation with lift combination.
- Liposuction– An average woman gains about 7 pounds of fat during pregnancy. These fat stores are important for breastfeeding, but often stick around long after. Liposuction can remove stubborn fat pockets from areas like the abdomen, waist, hips, and thighs. This treatment isn’t for weight loss but is very effective for sculpting problem areas. If you can’t seem to shake that post-baby bulge through diet and exercise, ask us about liposuction.
- Botox®- Smooth expression lines with Botox. We often use this injectable product to treat crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead creases. Being a mom is hard work, but your appearance doesn’t have to show it.
- Injectable Fillers– Refresh a tired appearance with injectable fillers. We offer a full line of some of the most effective filler products available and expertly inject them for a smooth, natural looking appearance.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation– We offer vaginoplasty and labiaplasty, two surgical procedures designed to rejuvenate and restore the feminine areas after pregnancy and childbirth.
Your mommy makeover may include some or all of the procedures on this list. Come to your consultation ready to discuss your desires for post-pregnancy rejuvenation. Dr. Farber will work with you to create a customized surgical plan.
Meet Dr. Farber
Dr. Scott Farber is a fourth-generation physician, and practices as an aesthetic surgeon in Boca Raton, Florida. Having trained and honed his skills at some of the nations’ most prestigious institutions, his expertise is widely sought after. He believes in serving others and seeing the beauty in all things and brings this passion to his surgical career. He develops personalized treatment plans together with his patients, ensuring that their expectations and desires are met.
Am I Ready for a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover provides a dramatic transformation to your post-baby body. Timing it right is essential for the best results. It’s never too late for your Mommy Makeover. As long as you’re healthy enough for surgery, you’re likely a good candidate. We’ve helped women with kids in their teens rediscover their pre-pregnancy curves. The risk of waiting is not getting to enjoy your results now. We want you to love your body today, tomorrow, and forever.
It is possible, however, to receive a mommy makeover too soon. Pregnancy changes the body with every pregnancy, whether it’s your first baby or your fifth. If you have a mommy makeover now and later have another baby, those post-pregnancy body changes will likely return. We recommend waiting to schedule your surgery until you’re finished breastfeeding and are no longer anticipating future pregnancies. Pregnancy is safe after a mommy makeover, but not recommended for aesthetic purposes.
Help is important after any surgery, especially if you have young children. Patients must avoid heavy lifting for several weeks after a mommy makeover. Arrange for help with childcare if you have small children.
Mommy Makeover FAQs
Mommy makeover refers to a combination of procedures that incorporates rejuvenation of the breast and body to return patients to their pre pregnancy or younger body. Dr. Farber takes an individual approach towards each patient to first design a unique and aesthetic treatment plan. Then meticulously and artistically puts this plan into action.
Pregnancy can cause many changes in a woman’s body. If you are planning on getting pregnant within the next several years, it might be beneficial to hold off on a mommy makeover procedure. However if you do not have immediate plans to get pregnant, you can undergo a mommy makeover. These procedures help patients begin to feel better about themselves by regaining their pre-pregnany bodies.
After having children, your body will undergo many changes, to try and regain its pre-pregancy shape both in terms of skin tightening and weight loss, Dr. Farber recommends waiting until your weight is stable and breast size is stable before undergoing a mommy makeover procedure. This usually occurs around 6 months following pregnancy.
Patients will usually return to normal activities at 1-2 weeks post procedure and can resume exercise & all physical activity at 6 weeks after their procedure.
A good candidate for a mommy makeover is a woman who has lost volume in her breasts, has deflation or droopiness of breasts in addition to excess fat of the abdomen, flanks, and love handles, loose skin, or weakened abdominal muscle tone. These symptoms occur with weight loss or gain, as women get older and lose the elasticity of their skin, as well as post-pregnancy.
Dr. Farber will develop an individualized treatment plan based on each patient’s aesthetic goals & desires. He will oftentimes combine breast and body procedures to minimize downtime and recovery while improving multiple areas of the body to achieve the best results. His patient care coordinator meets with patients after their consultation to discuss all aspects of preparing for surgery, costs related to the procedures, and what to expect during the recovery period.
The length of the procedure will vary based on what procedures are being performed.
Dr. Farber will develop an individualized treatment plan based on each patient’s aesthetic goals & desires. He will oftentimes combine breast and body procedures to minimize downtime and recovery while improving multiple areas of the body to achieve the best results.
Your Mommy Makeover in Boca Raton, FL
Ready to recover your more toned and terrific figure? We help moms to feel beautiful, sexy, and confident again.
Call our friendly staff in Boca Raton at 561-503-2700 or leave us a message through our website today. We’re happy to answer any questions and even schedule your consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
There are numerous associated benefits with taking your physical appearance into your own hands. Confidence and comfort within yourself are essential to a healthy, enjoyable lifestyle. Change is good, but not necessarily an easy decision to make.
If you are ready to explore changing some aspects of yourself with a trusted plastic surgeon, reach out to us at Farber Plastic Surgery. We can have an informal phone or email discussion, or you can schedule an appointment to meet the team and discuss what comes next for you.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you become the best version of you that you can be!