CoolSculpting® and CoolTone® in Boca Raton, FL- Non-Surgical Body Contouring
Diet and exercise are the hallmarks of a thin, trim body, but all too often, these healthy lifestyle habits aren’t enough to budge stubborn fat or build muscle. Most of us have trouble spots, areas where unwanted fat likes to congregate, and once the fat is there, losing it and toning up again can feel impossible.
If you’ve tried diet and exercise, but aren’t seeing the results you desire, come see Dr. Farber. We offer CoolSculpting and CoolTone, two revolutionary, non-invasive and non-surgical treatments for stubborn fat. You’ve put in the effort; CoolSculpting and CoolTone will help you get the results.
Learn more about your options for body contouring in Boca Raton and Palm Beach, FL with a CoolSculpting consultation at Farber Plastic Surgery. Call our office at 561-503-2700 to learn more.
What Is CoolSculpting?
Fat is stored in fat cells. An average human body has approximately 30 billion fat cells. This number is set during childhood and adolescence and will remain fairly stable throughout adulthood. When you gain weight, you don’t gain fat cells. The cells you already have expand to accommodate additional fat. Likewise, when you lose weight, you don’t lose fat cells. They simply shrink to store less fat.
Diet and exercise provide whole-body results. As you cut calories, fat cells across the body shrink as you lose weight. When you go on a diet, you can’t target specific areas for fat loss.
While diet and exercise shrink fat cells, CoolSculpting works by destroying them. Fat doesn’t like cold. When your fat cells are exposed to extremely cold temperatures, they break down and are destroyed. CoolSculpting uses specialized cooling technology to target and freeze unwanted fat. This treatment allows us to pinpoint treatment areas, focusing your fat loss on the areas where you want to lose fat.
After treatment, the body will remove the treated fat cells through natural elimination processes. These fat cells are permanently destroyed. Since the total number of fat cells remains stable in an adult body, these fat cells won’t return. CoolSculpting provides long-lasting fat reduction in targeted areas on the body. It is an ideal solution for your trouble spots.
What Is CoolTone?
What does your ideal body look like? For most of our patients, a slim, toned physique is the goal. CoolSculpting helps you to achieve this by removing excess fat. CoolTone gets to work by creating that tone.
CoolTone is a non-surgical treatment that enhances muscle tone. It works by initiating muscle contractions, more frequent and stronger than a naturally-produced muscle contraction, to tighten and build your muscles. This treatment enhances the hard work you’re doing at the gym by working your muscles harder and more frequently than you can do on your own. It isn’t an alternative to exercise, but rather, a way to enhance and extend your results.
CoolSculpting and CoolTone together can help you achieve body goals that once seemed impossible.
The Benefits of CoolSculpting and CoolTone
Tighten, slim, and tone with the power of technology. CoolSculpting and CoolTone offer many benefits over traditional weight loss and surgical body contouring procedures like liposuction. These benefits include:
- No downtime
- Target specific trouble spots like the abdomen, love handles, or waist
- Minimal side effects
Learn about the many benefits you’ll experience from these treatments in Boca Raton, FL during your consultation with Dr. Farber.
What to Expect During a Boca Raton CoolTone or CoolSculpting Treatment
Your treatment will be performed in a comfortable treatment room at our beautiful Boca Raton plastic surgery office. An average treatment takes 35-60 minutes. Treating difficult areas or multiple areas may require additional treatment time.
- CoolSculpting – The CoolSculpting device uses special applicators to apply the cold to your fat cells. These applicators are placed onto the skin and you’ll feel a suction sensation as they adhere. When the device starts working, you’ll feel an initial blast of cooling, similar to what you may feel if an ice pack was placed onto the skin. What do you do during your treatment? You don’t have to do a thing. Relax and our CoolSculpting device will get to work freezing and destroying your unwanted fat.
- CoolTone – The CoolTone device features a powerful applicator that causes muscle contractions as it passes over the skin. You’ll rest and relax while we carefully target muscle groups to tighten and tone your muscles to perfection. The muscle contractions are painless. Rest and relax while CoolTone sculpts your best body.
Many patients bring a book or a pair of headphones to enjoy during treatment.
Return to your daily activities immediately, no downtime is needed.
The CoolSculpting device uses special applicators to apply the cold to your fat cells. These applicators are placed onto the skin and you’ll feel a suction sensation as they adhere. When the device starts working, you’ll feel an initial blast of cooling, similar to what you may feel if an ice pack was placed onto the skin.
You don’t have to do a thing. Relax and our CoolSculpting device will get to work freezing and destroying your unwanted fat. Many patients bring a book or a pair of headphones to enjoy during treatment.
After the cooling cycle is complete, we’ll remove the device and perform a brief massage on the treated areas. This massage breaks up the treated fat cells and enhances the results from your treatment.
Return to your daily activities immediately, no downtime is needed.
Recovery After Treatment
Our south Florida patients love that this treatment offers impressive results without missed work or downtime. Many patients are back to work the same day with little disruption to daily activities.
You will experience some post-treatment side effects during recovery. These are temporary and usually resolve within several days to a couple of weeks. Side effects after treatment may include:
- Skin sensitivity
After CoolTone, muscle tenderness is common. Many patients say they feel like they’ve had an intense workout.
Most patients report that side effects are minor and resolve quickly. We’ll give you detailed recovery instructions and are available to answer any questions or concerns after your treatment.
CoolSculpting in Boca Raton - South Florida
Everyone has trouble spots, but not always in the same places. With CoolSculpting and CoolTone, we can target and tone your body from head to toe, reducing the appearance of stubborn fat on almost any area of the body. Common treatment areas at Farber Plastic Surgery include:
- Upper arms
- Under the chin and jaw
- Back (bra-line)
- Underneath the buttocks (banana roll)
Using one or both of these treatments allows us to provide head-to-toe results for our patients.
Call Farber Plastic Surgery to learn more about these powerful shaping treatments in Boca Raton, FL
Frequently Asked Questions - Boca Raton CoolSculpting and CoolTone
- Does CoolSculpting Really Work? – CoolSculpting’s results are impressive. Don’t take our word for it. Come in for treatment and see the transformation on your very own waistline. The average patient loses approximately 10-25% of the fat layer in a treated area. For an additional fat loss of up to 25%, a second CoolSculpting treatment can be performed.
- Are CoolSculpting and CoolTone Painful? – Most of our patients find their treatment is highly tolerable. If you’re receiving CoolSculpting, you’ll feel intense cold. The sensation quickly fades to a gentle numbing throughout treatment. Patients report pressure, tingling, tugging, stinging, and suction sensations throughout treatment. Some patients experience mild cramping or a dull ache in the treatment areas. With CoolTone, the process is painless, but you may feel muscle tenderness during your recovery as your muscles have worked hard.
- When Will I See Results? – CoolSculpting results will appear gradually in months following treatment. Patients typically see initial changes about one month after treatment with dramatic improvement after three months. CoolTone results appear shortly after your first treatment and will continue to improve with subsequent treatments.
- What Happens if I Gain Weight After Treatment? – To maintain your results, we recommend that patients remain at a stable weight post-treatment. CoolSculpting and CoolTone are enhancements to the healthy lifestyle you’re already living.
- How Many Treatments Will I Need? – One CoolSculpting treatment will provide a noticeable fat reduction. Many patients love their results so much that they opt for a second CoolSculpting treatment in the same area or come back to reduce fat in another area. If you’re receiving CoolTone, you’ll see results after the first treatment with continued improvement following each follow-up treatment. Many patients receive regular CoolTone treatments to enhance and maintain their results.
- Are These Treatments Safe? – CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared and has been demonstrated as safe in many clinical trials. CoolTone is from the same device manufacturer as CoolSculpting, a company known for their commitment to patient safety and innovation. It is also FDA-cleared. Dr. Farber prioritizes patient safety and only offers treatments that he feels are safe and effective to his patients.
- Will I Lose Weight After Treatment? – CoolSculpting is a fat reduction treatment, not a weight loss procedure. We recommend that patients are close to their ideal weight prior to treatment. You may drop pounds, but the real results are seen in the elimination of bulges and rolls. CoolTone is designed to tone and tighten muscle, not lose weight. Focus on the results you see in the mirror, not the numbers on the scale.