Have you ever wished you could take the excess fat from one area of your body and use it to fill out other areas, such as your face, breasts or buttocks? Fat transfer (grafting) offers a safe and natural approach with fantastic results.
Advantages of Fat Transfer
Fat transfer, is a safe and natural approach to facial and body rejuvenation, that does not require any incisions. Fat transfer removes fat from an area of the body by syringe or liposuction. The fat cells are then purified and injected to fill out or plump up another body part like the face , breasts, or buttocks. As the process is completed using your own fat, it is a natural technique to achieve the results you desire.
Benefits of fat transfer:
- Minimally invasive cosmetic procedure using your own unwanted body fat
- Allows doctors to liposculpt areas of the body that have lost volume
- No allergic risks
- Long lasting or permanent results
- No downtime
- Defies aging by naturally restoring your youth
- Provides patients with soft, smooth, natural looking results
Fat transfer may be used to treat deep frown lines, smile lines, thin lips, acne and trauma scars and skin depressions.
Fat Transfer as a Filler
Fat transfer is one of the most well tolerated fillers as it is natural in appearance, long lasting and a safe procedure as volume is replaced to tissues where fat is diminished. Fat is injected into areas of the body requiring volume enhancement, such as the hands, face, and lips as well as depressions in skin contour.
- When used as facial filler, fat grafting can improve the creased and sunken areas of the face and add fullness to the cheeks.
- It is also commonly used in buttock augmentation in place of buttock implants.
- When the fat is taken from the donor site, such as the legs or abdomen, the skin from the donor site typically retracts and appears tighter.
- Although the patient does not have to have a specific amount of body fat, if the patient has spare fat in specific areas, this procedure will have the double benefits of removing excess fat as well as facial and body rejuvenation.
Get a Fat Grafting Procedure in South Florida
Consult a trained, experienced Board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what the best course of action is for you. Dr. Scott Farber of Boca Raton serves all of South Florida—from West Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami—with any cosmetic or reconstructive surgery needs. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Farber, call 561-503-2700 or click here.