Farber Plastic Surgery is Making Strides Against Breast Cancer – Join Us for the Walk in Boca Raton
What is the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk?
“Saving lives from breast cancer starts one team, one walker and one dollar at a time.” Almost everyone knows a breast cancer survivor who has undergone breast mastectomy and reconstruction, a form of plastic surgery. We also may know someone who has sadly lost his or her battle with this disease.
The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event connects people from around the country to celebrate an important cause. This event inspires people to come together to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. Nationwide, there has been approximately 300 Making Strides walks each year and the events is more motivational and powerful than before. We honor those who have battled the disease and those who have known someone with breast cancer. The team at Farber Plastic Surgery is excited to be walking again this year, and we hope to surpass our fundraising goal.
Why We Support The American Cancer Society
We support The American Cancer Society because 1 of every 2 women who are diagnosed with breast cancer depends on this organization for guidance. They are the leading organization in the battle to end breast cancer. The donations they receive will help nearly 14 million survivors celebrate another birthday this year.
Who can participate?
Anybody! From little kids to great-grandparents, the success of this event depends on how passionate the individuals are who commit to raising money, the financial donors and loving sponsors. Make a donation on our team page or sign up to walk with us in the event. There are many ways for everybody to be a part of this great cause.
How much money does Making Strides Against Breast Cancer raise for the American Cancer Society?
More than 9 million walkers across the United States have raised more than $528 million to help fight breast cancer since 1993.
What happens with the money raised?
Funds raised support the American Cancer Society in many ways. Some of these include:
- Research investment to find, treat, cure and prevent the disease
- Ensuring access to mammograms for all women who need them
- Encouraging lawmakers to pass laws to defeat breast cancer
- Providing free information and services to women who face breast cancer today. Benefits include transportation, lodging, wigs, support programs, and financial assistance
Ways to take action:
- Sign up to walk with us and help raise money for our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer team. The event starts at 8:30am on October 26, 2013 at Mizner Park Amphitheater, Boca Raton.
- Donate to our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer team online.
- Volunteer as a team leader or join in the cause with a group of friends or colleagues to help raise funds.
- Double fundraising dollars through a matching gifts program. Human Resource departments in most companies should be able to help with this.
- Sponsor a Making Strides walker or team, like Farber Plastic Surgery, with a generous, tax-deductible contribution.
- Volunteer your time and talent.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Boca Raton
We know first-hand how significantly breast cancer affects women, families and even men. Dr. Scott Farber is a Board-certified plastic surgeon in Boca Raton who is experienced in breast reconstruction surgery. We encourage you to do whatever you can to join the fight against breast cancer!