Is bigger always better? If you’re talking about diamonds or an iced caramel latte, then yes, bigger is better, but when it comes to breast implants, there is a lot to love about small. Smaller breast implants are an emerging trend in breast augmentation. Our patients desire natural-looking, beautifully shaped breasts. To achieve this aesthetic goal, Dr. Farber often relies on smaller breast implant sizes.
Big, small, or in between, Dr. Farber has helped countless women throughout Southeast Florida to enhance their breast appearance with breast augmentation surgery. He can help you achieve the natural look you desire.
The Benefits of Smaller Breast Implants
Small breast implants have their perks. Here are a few of the reasons why our patients love their smaller sized breast implants.
- Natural Looking- Smaller breast implants tend to offer a more natural look, creating beautiful curves that look like they were created by Mother Nature herself. Dr. Farber is highly skilled at creating natural-looking breast augmentation results. You’ve probably admired his work while lounging on the golden sands of South Beach Park, or any of our other local beaches, without even realizing you were looking at a woman with breast implants. We love using smaller implants to create natural-looking breast perfection.
- More Conducive to an Active Lifestyle- Plain and simple, breasts can get in the way of physical activity. Smaller breast implants allow you to run, jump, swim, and surf in comfort. If you live an active lifestyle, let Dr. Farber know during your consultation so he can choose an appropriately sized implant.
- Proportionate- The ideal breasts are proportionate to your other features. Dr. Farber uses biodimensional planning to choose implants that complement your anatomy and enhance your natural beauty.
- Avoid Large Breast Problems- As any of our breast reduction patients can tell you, big breasts can be uncomfortable. Large breast implants are heavy, and if you go too large, back, neck, and shoulder pain may occur later in life. Small to moderately sized breast implants, chosen by Dr. Farber for their compatibility with your anatomy, should not cause pain or discomfort.
Can Small Breast Implants Make a Big Difference in Breast Appearance?
You’d be surprised what a big difference a small breast implant can make on your appearance.
- Restore the Breasts After Pregnancy- One of the biggest breast complaints after pregnancy is a loss of upper pole fullness. This occurs when the volume in the breasts shift downward. The top of the breast appears flatter and sagging in the lower breast occurs. A small breast implant can restore shape and fullness to the upper breasts. We often pair breast augmentation with a breast lift for our mommy makeover patients.
- Add Volume in All the Right Places- A little extra volume is often all it takes to dramatically improve the appearance of the breasts.
Modern breast implants come in many shapes and sizes. Low-projection implants and teardrop-shaped implants may provide a more natural look, even if larger breast implant sizes are used.
Can You Go Too Small? Getting Your Breast Implant Size Right
We love the trend toward smaller breast implants but do caution our patients to consider their goals when choosing implants. An implant that is too small may not produce a substantial enough impact on your breast shape and may leave you disappointed after surgery. Size changes are a primary reason for breast revision surgery.
Take your time when choosing breast implants and communicate your desires for breast appearance clearly with Dr. Farber. Let’s find your perfect fit!
Natural Looking- A Trend that Never Goes Out of Style
Trends come and go, but unlike leg warmers and crushed velvet, a natural look won’t ever go out of style. Call Dr. Farber’s plastic surgery office at 561-503-2700 to schedule a consultation for breast augmentation in Boca Raton, FL.